Does Vitamin C make skin sensitive to sun?
Vitamin C and the sun dilemma. As springtime approaches, we receive many queries in the laboratory about vitamin C and exposure to sunlight.
Vitamin C is not photosensitive, you should not be afraid when using it in spring or summer; in fact, it is highly recommended in this season of the year.
The fact that it is told to be a photosensitive active ingredient is because there are creams and serums that contains Vitamin C; and moreover, they have a low pH, acidic pH. That low acidity is which gives the formula an exfoliant effect, and make it photosensitive. However, vitamin C, itself, is not photosensitive.
María tells in the following video, the benefits.
Vitamin C is an active ingredient for many purposes:
1. It prevents the dark spots and improves the skin tone.
2. It is a powerful antioxidant.
3. It is an excellent cellular renovator.
4. It has iluminating power, for glowing skin.
C Vitamin Ceuticals is a concentrated serum of vitamin C. We recommend it as a brightening treatment. Moreover, it reduces the dark spots and improves skin complexion. Recommended especially for dull and luckluster skin and people that wish a fresh and juicy skin. It also contains:
- Collagen, suitable for increasing the elasticity and firmness.
- Magnesium Ascorbil Phosphate, melanin inhibitor, with great whitening power and glowing effect. It improves collagen and elastin synthesis. It prevents collagen loss induced by sunlight and it is activator of epidermal cells and fights cell oxidation.
We recommend to apply this serum in the morning and evening by gently massaging the face and avoiding the eye contour. For dry skin is better to apply a moisturizer cream on top.